Wednesday, March 7, 2007

WoW! It Has Been A Looongg Time!

OK. So I/we haven't posted in quite a while. Let's say 3? 4 months? A lot has happened since I last blogged. For instance, my sister has yelled at me quite a few times about posting information on our blog. Really, that isn't much. My ears haven't stopped ringing, though.

In January, both Mike and I became very busy. With school. Get your dirty minds out the gutter. Mike started training again. And I started taking some classes at the community college. Little did I know that 12 credit hours were going to be a big hassle while trying to keep my head out the toilet. Yes, only 2 weeks after school started my morning sickness kicked in. It was a blast. I am feeling better now that 12 weeks have passed. Yes, I'm already 3 months along. Mike and I are sooo excited. Our baby, not just a peanut anymore, has two arms, two legs, and 1o fingers and toes (that's each). Skeletor, our "pet" name for baby, is aptly put to him/her due to our lack of being able to see the baby's eyes on the sonogram. I will post the picture when I get my scanner set up so you all can see what I mean. The baby almost looks evil. There are two huge black sockets where the eyes are supposed to be and for the mouth is a very thin line of a smirk. He/she looks only skeletal right now.

Mike and I were able to see him/her move his/her (oh! this is getting annoying. He/She will be called Skeletor for now on) arms and legs. We were also able to see and hear Skeletor's heartbeat. This is all at 12 weeks. It's just incredible!

Mike is out of the hard core studying stage of his training. He has been doing a lot of fake missions, and today (3/7/07) he was supposed to have his first live mission. Last Friday he was able to fly, not in an F-15, not yet anyway, I think that is further into the summer. I will have to ask him the name of the plane, I don't recall what it was. I know it is very important to some of you. Byron. Mike said it was exhilarating. The pilot took him up and handed the controls over to Mike. Mike, just like a little boy, couldn't stop talking about it all day. He really wants to get his pilots license now.

That's really the only information I have right now. I will be posting some of the sonograms of Skeletor in a few days. I know some wanted to see pictures of me getting big, but I really am not showing enough yet. I'll send those in a month or two.

Love you all. We'll talk soon.

5 comments:

  1. Finally!!!! - Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah!!!!!!!!!! i hope your ears are recovering.
    seriously, i am so glad you are feeling better and i cant wait to see some pictures of skeletor(by the way, that sounds really evil, or the name of a goth/rock band)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know we were so popular. Sorry to keep every one waiting so long. By the way, the picture does look really evil. I'm a little scared.
    Audrey, sorry for not getting to you until now. Mike and I are planning on visiting Jacksonville sometime in early May to register for baby skeletor and to go to
    PF Changs (man, I miss that place!). I'll let you know a definite time once we figure it all out. -Elana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh! You forgot to mention the WONDERFUL visit from your MOTHER! and Grandmother and sister. What gives?! Are WE not so important? And don't forget to mention that you had a wonderful time with us! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, Ok. So I forgot. Sorry. I was too excited about the baby. My mom, grandma, sister and here two kids visited a couple weeks ago. Even though both Eryn and I were not on the top of our game (our game being our perky beautiful selves)because of lingering morning sickness, it was a very nice visit. I was especially happy that my grandma was able to visit and go to the beach. -Elana

    ReplyDelete