Thursday, April 19, 2007

About a week and a half ago, Debbie & Jerry, and their four girls were down to visit. Jerry, Debbie, Mike and I had a great time; but, well, the girls, I can't say they were in the best of spirits. The girls came down with the flu and left with the flu. Thankfully, none of us adults have gotten it. I hear that the girls are all fine now (which I would hope after being home for a week and a half). They arrived on a Thursday and on Friday while Mike was at work the rest of us went to ZooWorld. Panama City doesn't have a real zoo. Since there is so much tourism on the beach side of Panama City we have what's called a ZooWorld. They charge astranomical prices for about a sixthteenth of the size of a normal zoo. We did get to see some beautiful tigers in the tiger show. It was incredible to watch their babies (I think the young tigers were less than a year old and over 100 lbs) play with the ring master. We also saw a white (albino?) peacock. Pure, clean, beautiful. I tend to like the green and blues myself. Even though it was fairly cold that day, we took the girls to the beach to eat lunch. We didn't bring their swim suits, though, because it was so cold. This factor didn't faze the girls. All, but Lorna, played in the water and came back soaking wet and frozen to the bone. By Saturday at least two of the girls were vomiting or feeling miserable so we weren't able to do a whole lot outside of the house. I feel so bad that it had to happen that way. But, like I said, we adults had a great time. I'll post some pics of their visit as soon as I can.

I am going on my twentieth week of pregnancy and wanting it to be my fortieth. I feel like time has flown by, but at the same time I want it to fly by faster. I know that I/we (we, as in Mike and I) should enjoy this time of pregnancy, but we are both so anxious; especially now that the baby is moving and groving. Yes! The baby is moving like crazy! This child is going to either be a great soccer player or boxer because whatever this kid is doing is incredibly strong. Mike was able to feel the baby kick for the first time a few days ago. I almost cried when he wouldn't move his hand off my belly. It meant so much to me that he was just as excited as I was at feeling the baby move. He has waited for that moment for a long time. He is not able to feel the baby all the time, but shortly he should be able to. I don't know how I will get anything done if you won't leave my belly alone! I guess I'll just have to vacuum with him following me around with his hand superglued to my belly. Now that's comedy! We will also find out in two to three weeks what the sex of the baby is. I'm shooting for a boy, he really wants a daddy's little girl. Obviously, we both will be ecstatic either way. Like I said, this baby can't come soon enough.

School for me is going well. I only have one more week of classes and finals. I'm very excited. Unfortunetly, I have not been as focused as I should be on school. I have had so much other things, like a baby, visitors, and family to focus on. Plus, the end of school means I am that much closer to finding out the sex of our baby, visiting family & friends in St. Louis, and the upcoming hot summer of swollen hands, feet, and face. I can't wait! Too bad my sister, Eryn, and I can't be miserable together in the hot weather. That would be a sight to see. Since it would be so hot, we would be two beached whales sitting in an air-conditioned house watching tv and stuffing ourselves full of chocolate, bruschetta, and tacos. Ok, and maybe some pickles with whipped cream. Yuck! Did I say that?

Mike is doing well in his training. He is keeping active after work by playing softball and basketball everyday. He just finished soccer season. This usually gives me time to take a short nap and workout. (usually just a 20 minute walk on the treadmill) There is not much to tell you about Mike's training. He's kind of in a lull right now waiting for his next session of training. He is eagerly awaiting the day he gets to ride in one of the fighter jets. I believe he gets to do that in June.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. I'll keep you posted. And no, my belly has not gotten much bigger than in the picture I recently posted. Plus, most of you will get to see it when I come into St. Louis in early May.

11 comments:

  1. who are you calling a beached whale?
    you had better do some growing because i dont want to look huge compared to you. we all cant wait to see you when you come in in two short weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm relieved to hear that you did not get the flu. that is such a comfort to me.
    Also, eryn is way bigger than you. she is very much like a beached whale. ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. did i say we would look like beached whales, i meant we would feel like beached whales. by the way, you should be bigger than me, you're further along.

    -elana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lance was the same way about having his hand always on my stomach. The realy tears come when he started talking and singing to it. We were so ready just like you guys. I'm gonna miss your shower. How long will you be in town?

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry for all the grammar and spelling....I need to reread before publishing

    ReplyDelete
  6. debbie....last time we have you over for a bbq! get your own blog so i can rant at you there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you're doing well! Enjoy these weeks of pregnancy, so much happens and you REALLY bond! I'm looking forward to seeing you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah,
    I will be coming in on the 3rd of May and leaving on the 7th. A short weekend, I know. But Mike and I will be anxious to know the sex of the baby. Lisa Budd will be doing the ultrasound on the 4th, but will be putting the info in an envelope until I get home to open it with Mike. I won't need to be at the airport until 2pm on the 7th, so us girls will have to get together for lunch or something.
    Eryn & Debbie: quit fighting on my blog. get your own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have been tagged, read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the baby boy. I can not wait to meet Michael William. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all...I sure hope to see a post soon w/ the sex of that child! :)
    Second, it was good to see you, wish we could've chatted more.
    Third, you've been tagged by me too! :)

    ReplyDelete