Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Caught!



Mike and I have been concerned as of late of William's escapades in bed. That sounds weird. Let me explain.
William has discovered that, from laying position (in his bed) he can grab hold of the rails and pull himself to his knees. From his knees he will then grab the top of the rails and pull himself up to his feet. Thereby standing in bed, chewing on the bed rail (with two bottom teeth, he does a lot of damage), and leaning precariously over the edge thinking he's on top of the world. This is how I found him the other day. I didn't know how he did it until I laid him back down and let him try it again. Presto! It took him all of one minute to reach his lofty position and boy was he proud!
So, Mike and I decided it was time to lower William's bed to the second lowest position. He surely can't climb up THAT far? Of course he can! This child won't stop! He really wants out of his bed! And we know he will figure out a way eventually, but really, this is too early!

Therefore, his bed is now at the lowest position possible. We have not had any problems as of yet....


3 comments:

  1. he is learning so quickly! soon he will be trying to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...I remember those days! That was frustrating, especially when you've got an adventurer on your hands!!! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Baby Boy. Way to keep Mom and Dad on their toes. I remember your daddy doing silly stunts like you. Keep up the good work, lots of hugs and kisses, love you a bunch, Aunt Jenn

    ReplyDelete